Thursday, October 22, 2015

Christmas Table Runner and Catching Up

This week I've been playing catch up.  Catch up on laundry, catch up on cleaning, catch up on blogging....I'm still not truly caught up, but I am working on it.


 I've been making samples for a quilt store now for about a year.  This table runner was the first thing that I did for them.  I remember the pattern is called "Zipped Up".  I don't remember at all what the fabric line is, though. 

 I remember being very nervous about the whole experience. 
 I did some fairly simple quilting, stitch in the ditch, straight lines and some stipple.
Here it is, just after I finished it and before I sent it out.
It finished up at 24"x48".  The batting is a thin poly.
I find sample sewing to be interesting.  I rarely use patterns when making quilts lately, so it is kind of fun to follow a pattern and not have to do all the math!  I also do a lot of samples that I wouldn't necessarily purchase to make, but are fun to do anyway.  And then sometimes, I get something I don't know what to do with.  Like this lovely runner, for instance.  I have no where to put it.  None of my tables stay empty long enough to bother decorating.  If I put it out for dinner, it will just get spilled on.  The weird runners at the ends of beds make me laugh, because they just get knocked off.

Maybe I can find somewhere to hang it for the season.  We'll see.

I also made applesauce.  14 quarts so far.  I processed about half the apples we picked up north.  I still plan to do apple butter, and I've got berries for some jam.  One day at a time.




No comments: