Tuesday, October 21, 2014


 I know a while back I mentioned that I was making skirts for E.  I made a total of 6 (or7?).  Alas I do not have pictures of them all, but they are all pretty much the same.  I used the same pattern for them all, just a variety of fabrics from my stash.  The one above is a linen look fabric with some stretch to it.  She wears this one a lot.  Its substantial and doesn't wrinkle.
The one above, here, is actually a tube skirt.  My MIL was cleaning out her clothes and asked if I wanted anything out of the pile.  I grabbed a couple of red knit T-shirts, cut them up and put them back together as a skirt.  No hemming needed!  Or side seams, just four tubes sewn together with an elastic casing at the top.

Perhaps I'll manage to grab more pictures as she wears them, but at least these have been blogged.


Mindy said...

I like the tube skirt idea! Brilliant.

I usually use old t-shirts to make t-shirt yarn for cast iron skillet handle covers, but I might have to try this for my niece that loooooves to play dress-up. Great idea!

Vicki said...

Such a good idea, using old tshirts for a skirt! They do look comfy.