Friday, April 25, 2014

More Cat Quilts Finished


 Two more cat quilts to share today. First up is the neutral one.
 I had originally planned to sash this one with yellow, but I'm glad I didn't.  I'm hoping at least a couple of these cat quilts will be OK for boys. 
 A closer view of some of those crazy cats.
 I used grey sheeting on the back.  I'm never sure how I feel about using sheets.  It's so "against the rules" but so easy.


 Next is the blue one.
 More cat craziness.  Love those kitties with the birds and fish in their mouths looking guilty.
 And the back.  The backing here is the same as the sashing on the front.
 Both are done in a large FMQ meander.  Quick and easy.  The binding is done completely by machine.  Both finish in the 50" x 60" range.
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.
I'll share the last three quilts on Monday, and hopefully a tutorial on Tuesday!

5 comments:

Snowcatcher said...

Purrrrrfect! I'm a cat lover, so these are very appealing to me!

Leanne said...

You are doing great with all these cat quilts. I am catching up, I love the photos of your kids and it's too bad that your oak tree came down.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Really cool fabrics and the quilts look great!

Jasmine said...

Awesome! I love simpe quilts, and I think they are totally boy appropriate.

Mindy said...

These are my favorites of your cats so far!