Monday, March 17, 2014

Temperature Quilt Update Feb/March

 Happy St. Patrick's Day!  We will be doing some wearing 'o the green and eating our boiled dinner tonight!

 I've got my Temperature Quilt all caught up as of yesterday.
The last days of February.  Strips down the middle indicate record lows.
The whole of February laid out on the brown grass.  But hey, at least we can see (some of) the grass now!
And March 1-16.  Loving the warmer temps and warmer colors in there. 
However, it appears the most of the days this year have been between 21-25 degrees F.  That is the purple above.  I will be ordering more of this color so I don't run out.  We still have March and then November/December for cold temperatures.  I've also decided how I'm going to set my monthly rows, so I'll be ordering fabric for that as well.  I figure I might as well put the rows together as the months are finished so at the end of the year I can just add my borders and have a completed top!


Now, I have to share with you what someone else is doing for a temperature quilt.
 This is from Maria, one of my guild members.  She is doing wool felt applique.  Starting in the middle and working out.  Each circle is for the day's high and blanket stitched on.  I just love it!  It's not too late if you wanted to join in!  There is even a flickr group if you are so inclined.


5 comments:

Lizzie said...

Hi Rachel, your fabric give-away (fossil fern and enchantment) arrived today. It's even more beautiful then I imagined. Thank you so much for your generosity....you are a very special person. Take care.

Regina said...

I love Maria's circles!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Bet you're more than ready for a few "warmer" colors about now.

Leanne said...

This concept still intrigues me, I am not sure I have the staying power to join. We shall see. I love both your approach and your friends dots.

Sarah said...

Marti at 52 quilts in 52 weeks is knitting a temperature scarf this year. One row per day in a colour that correlates to the temp. It's looks great too.