Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pear Brights Finish

I know, its kind of a lame name for a quilt, but I don't have anything better.

 *I took the picture above this morning, I think it shows the brighter colors better*
 A finish for the Pear Brights Quilt!  This is my second finish for this quarter's Finish a Long and frankly will be the last. Original list *here*

 I originally started the top last spring in a class that I taught.  I then got it basted last October.

 Finally got it quilted and bound.  I just did a sort of cloud/bumpy lines back and forth across the whole quilt.  I didn't really mean to quilt so densely when I sat down to it, but I can't seem to help myself.
 The border is half pink/ half green, thanks to some suggestions. 
 Lots and lots of texture after washing and drying!
 The back.

The details:
Finished size: 47" x 56"
Batting: Pellon Cotton
Thread: Aurifil to piece, Quilted with Gutermann
Fabric: Connecting Threads, Pearadise
Pattern: My Own

4 comments:

Alison V. said...

I am in love with the quilting on this quilt! This is a design that I am planning to try very soon!

Regina said...

I like that pattern Rachel! Great job on the quilt!

Sarah said...

Love the colours and the two colour binding.

Katy Cameron said...

Love the bright colours :o)