Yay! A finish to share today. I actually finished sewing the sleeve on this on Jan 6, but it took me forever to get it photographed. I was waiting for a helper and some sunshine. I also made sure to get a label sewn on this one, too. (although after the pictures were taken)
The center is a panel from Robert Kaufman. I bought it as a kit from my LQS. The kit also came with the red border fabric and the gold border fabric. I chose to bind it in green instead of the other gold that came with the kit. I actually used that other gold in *this* project instead. The original kit came with LED lights that you were supposed to add to your quilt by cutting holes and making it glow. After I showed this to the ladies at my stitch group, it was agreed I should do that. I believe the word 'tacky' was mentioned.
The quilting is done with invisible poly from Superior Threads with The Bottom Line in the bobbin. I outlined all the swirly stuff and snowflakes around the tree, then did a small stipple for the background and outlined a couple snowflakes at the top.
I'm not 100% sure about those snowflakes, but I suspect I won't bother to pick them out at this point. :)
In this shot of the back you can see that I used black bobbin thread for the tree section and white for the rest. The backing is some random, old, vaguely Christmas-y stuff from my mom's old stash.
I added a hanging sleeve to the back. Also, I did a double layer of the Pellon Cotton batting. I was hoping it would help the quilt hang a bit straighter. I'm not sure that I achieved that, exactly, but it did add a ton of texture when I quilted it and then washed it.
Fabric: Robert Kaufman Panel Print
Thread: Clear Poly and Bottom Line by Superior
Batting: Two layers of Pellon Cotton
Size: 26" x 37"
Quilted on my domestic machine by me