Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Two Finish Tuesday

 Hi!  I've finished up a couple of 'easy' quilts over the weekend.  First up is the blue and red baby quilt.  I got lots of responses last time I posted about it that red was great for a baby.  So here it is all done up.
 Finished size is 30" x 36".  The lady bug fabric has been in my stash for at least 10 years.  It never seems to get completely used up.  The red I picked up at a thrift store.  Unknown age, but the width was smaller than our 44/42" average now, so definitely 'vintage'.  Pretty sure it is cotton, though.
 Simple quilting.  I did the binding by machine; Hand sewing the mitered corners first, then machine the rest.

 I also finished up Ugly Quilt #1
 It's spectacular!  I used a thin polyester batting in it that I had picked up a whole roll of at Joann's Thanksgiving sale.  It is the perfect weight.  The quilt really fought being squared up.  I finally gave up because I didn't want to keep cutting it smaller.  It really doesn't matter.  This one is destined for the beach & car.
 I used a thrift store sheet to back it.  The binding is also scrappy.  I save my 2" strips separately, so I just randomly sewed a bunch together for the binding.  This binding is also completely machine finished.  Finished size: 53" x 95".

No comments: