Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival Entry, Windows Quilt

Its that time of year again, where Amy hosts the Blogger's Quilt Festival.
Amy's Creative Side

  This time around my submission is going to be Si's Windows Quilt.
 I had this quilt in my mind's eye for at least a couple of years.  I finished it this year for my 'baby' boy.  Not quite in time for his birthday.
 It is an original design - I know I was inspired by a picture in a magazine, but I couldn't exactly tell you when or where.  The top is mostly batiks with a white on white print for the window frames.

 I used up some stripe yardage on the back.

 A close up of the quilting that I did on my Stepmom's long arm machine.
 More posed quilt shots.


 The boy does love his quilt!
The facts:

Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures :60" x 87"
Special techniques used : Just a pieced quilt
Quilted by : Rachel Riley (me)
Best Category :Bed quilt, long arm quilt

The original post can be found here.

Check out the Bloggers Quilt Festival for many, many, many more gorgeous quilts.  
Here is the upcoming schedule of events.

 October 26 – 31 Linky open
November 1 – 4 Nominations are made
November 5 -8 Vote for your favorites
November 9 Winners announced


8 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Your quilt and quilting are beautiful! Any quilt loved by a child is a good one...

PaintedThread said...

Wow. Love the colors. I think the side panels are really cool!

Dolly said...

Oh, this is such a pretty quilt.

The blue is a perfect backdrop for all of the window fabrics, and the white sashing is brilliant.

I'm glad to see such a big quilt made for a little boy, as I just basted a 72 by 90 inch quilt today for my 3 year old grandson. I hope he loves it as much as your 'baby' seems to !

Nice quilting job, too.....I wish my mom had a longarm !

P.S. If you don't get many comments, it's probably due to the word verification you have activated. I had to refresh it 5 times before I found one that I could read. Lots of people just go on without commenting when that happens.

Lonci said...

It s wonderful, fun and colorful:)))

Quiltbenaco said...

Mi piace tantissimo!
Ciao

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a great pattern! Very cool quilt.

Heidi Grohs said...

The quilt is beautiful, and the quilting is wonderful and I love little man wrapped up all cozy in there!!!!!!!

sonia said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the pattern. Such a great idea! Congrats