Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIP Wed 4/18/12

This past weekend was a 'Sew In' hosted at the church in which our Quilt Guild meets.  Two days, 9-9, for 24 hours of quilting.  I was able to go Saturday for about 7 hours.  7 uninterrupted hours of me time on the sewing machine.  No kids.  No cooking.  No cleaning.  It was great.  I got a lot done!
 I put together this little top.  I am thinking it may become the center of a medallion quilt.  It is too small and too oddly shaped to do much with.  Unfortunately I think that means it ends up on the UFO pile, because I'm not really ready to do anything with it right now.  The blocks are 3" square.  I first posted about the blocks here.
 I also put together this top.  I did the borders at home.  Now on to the quilting.  Need to have it done by Saturday!  The blocks are 8" square.

I also got some sewing done on a fabric exchange quilt that some women in my guild are doing.  I'll save pictures for when there is something to look at.
And I am in the process of stitching down the binding on Si's quilt.  Judging by how long side 1 took, I think it will be a total of 6 hours to get it done.

And I'm sure most of you saw my finish for the week:  The Ruby Hexagon Quilt.


Check out what everyone else is working on here:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

Shontelle said...

Well done on your hexagon quilt - it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Marsha Cooper said...

It's unfortunate that it takes being away from home to actually get any sewing done. I am that way anymore and I do not like it at all.