Thursday, January 26, 2012

Flannel Train Quilt

 My local Quilt Guild is trying to collect 40 quilts to go to families of soldiers who are about to be deployed out of Madison, WI. 
 So I thought I'd put together and finish up what I had laying around.  You may recognize the train fabric from these flannel jammies.  I made sure to not let WP see the finished quilt.  I knew he'd never let it leave the house.

 I wish I had taken pictures of my assembly to show how it ended up looking like this.  Let's just say I sewed, cut, put back together and repeat.  Add borders and quilt.  The batting came from the thrift store.  It was a great find!
It is flannel front and back.  So cozy.  Hopefully there won't be a mom cursing me somewhere for all the white in a kid's quilt!  Finished size 37" x 45"




2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

super cute! i love the quilting!

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

debra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.