Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Creative Space

Here is the next 'big' project.


A new quilt in the works.   This one has rules.  It is the guild challenge for upcoming show.
Wanna know more?

These are the fabrics we were given.
It is our guild's 30th anniversary - the gift would be a Pearl - so the challenge is called 'Pearl Passion'.  Our rules: Must use at least half of the 'pearl' fabric.  Must use a recognizable amount of the other two fabrics.  Our size is limited as well.  I won't bore you with the rest of the rules.
It's hard to tell in the photo, but the fabrics all have some shimmer in them.

I will be adding some batiks for the rest of my quilt.
These look appropriately 'sea-worthy' - don't you think?

Would you guys like daily updates on my progress?  It would certainly keep me accountable.  For example, here is what I got done last night.
All the squares are cut and I've begun the layout.

Check out other creative spaces here.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Impressive!!! That is going to be beautiful.

I vote for daily updates. =)

Doris Sturm said...

OH, my Lord...where do you find the patience? It would intimidate me from the start, but I must say, the colors are perfectly sea-worthy and it will look fantastic!

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

Oh my goodness look at all the work you have done already ... and all the work you have to go!! I take my hat off to you! Good luck :) Looking fwd to see it taking shape!