Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Creative Space

Today is a display of many creative spaces to come.  We went out to my parent's house over the weekend and I came home with a huge pile of fabric!

 Swim suit material!  I made a suit for E last year.  Ready to try again, and maybe for me, too?

 Corduroy, flannel and some interesting polys.

 Knits.

 More polys.  I am thinking a couple of circle skirts in this pile, for me!  And check out the vintage woven on the bottom.  I'll have to think about that one for a while.

 Lots of orange, gauzy material.  Don't have a clue what I'll do with it.  Maybe E wants to be a carrot for Halloween?

A close-up of the flannel.  It is British Soldiers.  Way cool.  I washed it up and it's super soft.  I am going to see if I can squeeze some jammie pants out of it for Mr. Riley.  Otherwise, maybe a quilt, I'd hate to lose any of the images!


And check this out!  Another knit.  I've got 2-3 yards, 60" wide of this stuff.  I don't even know what to do with it.  It's so crazy!   Any suggestions?  I don't even know if it's a boy or girl fabric.


Stop by here to see more creative spaces!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow thats some serious fabric you came home with. Tehe gotta love the crazy bee fabric but sorry I have no suggestions for it's use!

anne maskell said...

Oh I'm so jealous! The fabric is awesome. You'll be busy for quite a whie!

Ethan and Moriah said...

The bee fabric is the weirdest ever! It's sort of "grandma's flower garden meets ninja bee." Weird! PJs or T-shirts for the boys? Pillowcases? Dress-up clothes?

michelle said...

what a haul

Carmel's Closet said...

That is a lot of fabric. Busy, busy busy. Enjoy.
Carmel

Jill said...

What a fantastic stash of fabric! Love that bee one at the end - they'd make really cool PJs!

Flotsam Friends said...

I really adore that bee fabric. It seems to cute to cut up. Maybe a pillow or just stretch it on a canvas. Just adorable. Pruxxx

Bec said...

Wowsers, what a haul! Much creativity to come.

Mindy said...

umm...the bees and flowers are terrifying! ...in a hilarious way! I can't WAIT to see what you decide on for it.

- said...

I love that flannel!