Saturday, August 21, 2021

What A Wonderf World: Part Two

Finally getting this quilt blogged.
I mentioned a couple of posts back that my group, Erie St Quilters, did a challenge based off the song, What A Wondeful World, sing by Louis Armstrong. 

This was my result. I basically did something similar to a Temperature Quilt, where I assigned each guitar chord in the song a fabric color and then constructed the quilt from there. 
The backing fabric I found at a thrift store. Something like 4 yards. I just love it. 
The fabrics were all hand dyed, mostly by a former member of my quilt quilt and some cherry woods. 
I washed it when I was done and completely forgot about hands dyes running. They did run a bit, but didn't really ruin anything. 
It was also supposed to finish 30x30. It's smaller, which must be from washing. If we decide to enter these somewhere as a group, I'll have to see if I can block it. 

I've started blogging from my phone, so that seems to be going OK. At least I'm blogging again!

1 comment:

Regina said...

Nice concept and nice quilt!