I finished up another small project yesterday. A sewing machine cover. I loooove this fabric. So fun. I'm so glad I found a project where I didn't have to cut it up. And I get to look at it a lot.
It is essentially a bag without a handle. And yes, one side is upside down. I couldn't afford to take a seam and shorten it more. I'm totally OK with it.
I fully lined the inside with this great rainbow batik. So it is essentially reversible, depending on my mood.
This is why I needed a machine cover. My little helper. I know you are supposed to cover machines when not using them, but I'm pretty sure that I put more dust in my machine using it, than when it sits. After all, I do sew pretty much every day.
Lately, if I sew during the day, every time I get up, she takes my place. Unfortunately, it looks like she's already figured a way around it.
One of the reasons I made it soft, is because I usually have my table attached, so I wanted to just be able to flop it on. Also makes it soft, squishy, and packable.
In other news, I can always tell when E has been at the sewing table, my pins are organized by color...
And last night I basted my Hexy Baby quilt. For this kind of size I do a combination of spray and pin baste. I carefully pinned the edge of each outer hexie. For a size reference, it measures 31" x 37" right now. It is made of a total of 408 hexagons.