Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The First Two of Seven Cat Quilts

 Remember this stack of 7 tops?  Well, I've got them all done, hooray!
 First up, purple cats.  These quilts were designed to maximize use of the many cat themed fat quarters I had my stash. (A couple of summers ago I acquired about 24 yards of cat fabric!)
 An all over FMQ meander took care of the quilting.  I found I could get the quilting done in  about an hour.


 A teeny butterfly print for the back.  I also used the back on this quilt.

 Next, the orange cat quilt.  This is one of my favorites.
 More FMQ with orange variegated thread.  Actually two different ones.  I totally didn't pay attention to the first spool I grabbed for this project and ran out after doing half the quilt.  Fortunately I had another spool that was similar enough to get away with it. 

 The back.  I also have used this backing previously as well, on this quilt.
Each of these quilts finishes around 50" x 60".  They are destined for Operation Snuggles, specifically Camp Serenity which is a camp for children who have lost a parent to the war.



4 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What pretty quilts…love the orange one!!!

Regina said...

Rachel, What are the measurements of the cat blocks? I think you listed it before but I can't find it. I might have to use this pattern to get rid of large pieces of fabric in my stash. Thanks!

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Loving the purple one!

Sarah said...

I really like the orange one. How did you acquire so much cat fabric?? I'm not so keen on cats so don't think I would be able to handle all that cat fabric, haha. When I read the title I actually thought you were making quilts for a cat shelter! Hahaha, sometimes I surprise myself with how silly my thought process is.