Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Vintage Fabric Squares

 *Note: This post is picture heavy
 Just before we left on vacation, my sister-in-law brought over a find for me.  A bag full of vintage fabric squares.  I finally got a chance to go through them this morning.
 Someone must have tried to sell them, but they ended up being donated to the daycare my SIL works at.  She snagged them for me!
 Quite the jumble.  I went through each layer and photographed them for my records.
 They are scissor cut, and not even close to all being the same size.  This dashed my hopes of being able to sit down and sew them together.
 Someone obviously had plans.
 I am thinking some kind of EPP project.  Maybe diamonds?
 Done in a rainbow?







 For now they're going to have to sit in a box.  Too many other projects going on right now!


5 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

They might work well for a hexie project.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Unknown said...

You could still sew them edge to edge, and off set the rows. Looks like a bag I got for the quilt group at church once. I think I recognize some of the fabrics.

Kristine said...

I was thinking EPP before you mentioned them not all being the same size. I think it would be amazing.

OPQuilt said...

I'm pretty dang sure I had a couple of dresses made out of some of those reds. I'm thinking late 1960s, early 70s?

Have you thought about some going to Polaroid squares, or something fun that shows them off? The rest--I'll stayed tuned to see what comes!

Sarah said...

What a great find! I'm sure you could add them to you EPP hexies at some point! They are very pretty fabrics.