Monday, May 20, 2013

Baby Quilt Friendship Star

It is the time of year for the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

AmysCreativeSide.com

  This time around you are allowed to enter two! quilts.  So my first entry is going to be my Baby Quilt Turquoise and Yellow Friendship Star.

 This was created for my kid's violin teacher's first baby (who has since arrived in the world!)
She said nursery colors were turquoise and yellow since they were not finding out the gender ahead of time.  I was originally hesitant, but so pleased with how it turned out.
 I quilted it on my home sewing machine.  Stitch in the ditch around the starts, and FMQ everywhere esle.
 A couple shots of the back.
 I used the leftover blocks to make the back a bit more interesting.
 More quilty goodness.

Finished Size: 46" x 46"
Quilted on my home machine with Sulky, Aurifil and Masterpiece threads
Pellon natural cotton batting

You can find my original post on this quilt here.



2 comments:

SarahZ said...

Super quilt! Love the back!

CitricSugar said...

Pretty! Your quilting is gorgeous.