Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Dwarf, Thorin Oakenshield

 And now for the dwarf.  That short man in the hat and beard is WD's version of Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit.  We have been reading through it together as a family.
 The costume is completely from McCalls 3789.  View C & E.

 WD picked out the colors.  He actually wanted Red pants.  I just couldn't do it when I was fabric shopping.  So I went with the rust.  He was OK with it, fortunately.  The hat is modified from the pattern.  I made the cone part, and instead of putting on the large brim, I measured WD's head and made a band. 
 Here's a very hot dwarf, drinking 'sarsaparilla'.  Rootbeer w/ licorice flavor in it.




PS.  One more day to enter the giveaway.  Winners announced tomorrow afternoon.


1 comment:

OPQuilt said...

I think he looks like he was happy to shed the beard, but it IS a fabulous beard. Really great job.

I used to drink sarsaparilla at fairs, and olde time ice cream parlors. I'd forgotten about it!

Elizabeth E.