Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Seven Quilts - Number Seven

 Super Duper Hooper Simple Patchwork Today.  I've had that bug fabric for years.  Used it in multiple quilts.  I must have bought a ton.

 Loopy swirls for the quilting with a dark purple back.  Final size 39" x 53"

Today's Tip:  This is one of those things that works for me, so I'll share it.  It may not work for you.  You may think I'm crazy.  That's fine.  When I machine quilt I don't use any fancy gloves or sticky fingers, I simply slather on some of this:

 It has to be this exact lotion though.  I find it softens my hands, and gives me just enough grip.  Not greasy and it doesn't affect the fabric.  Like I said, it works for me.
What about you - what do you do/wear for machine quilting?



1 comment:

OPQuilt said...

I use -- but only on my fingers -- that stuff secretaries use for paper grip. You can buy it at the office supply places, and like your lotion, it helps me have a grip and leaves my fingers soft, too.

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com