Monday, June 25, 2012

Stuff and Nonsense

It wouldn't be totally true to say I haven't been sewing - in fact I finished the gingham quilt last night - however, I just can't show you until July 4.

Otherwise it is cleaning and packing around here.






 I intend to take my machine to have it serviced while we're gone.  I considered taking it in today, but couldn't do it.  What If I NEED it in the next couple of days?  So I will probably take it in Thursday morning, the same day we leave.
We are getting ready for our annual trip to the U.P. for the Fourth of July.  Then we'll be home for 1 1/2 days and Mr. Riley and I are heading to Boston.  Have you ever been there?  I have not.  Any suggestions to see, do, eat?  I can't wait to see so much of our Nation's history in one place. 





 Never fear, I do have blog posts written and queued for my absence, so it won't be completely quiet around here.

What are your plans for the Fourth?  Wild and crazy parties, or just hanging with the family?
What about sewing plans.  I be packing the hexagon project, and that is probably it.  No room for sewing machines with 12 people in a two bedroom house :)


1 comment:

Margaret said...

I am assuming that you mean the UP in Michigan. Where are you headed? Do you camp or rent something? We have a daughter who lives in Saulte Ste Marie. We went to Boston for a day several years ago and visited the House of Seven Gables author's home and some of the surronding areas. There is a candy store that is the first one in the US right near there. Have an awesome trip. I really want to return there for vacation again someday.