Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Dress - Simplicity 6307

E's Easter Dress was finished well in time for Easter.  Friday night, even!  I did make a matching purse Saturday, I'll post it tomorrow.  
 I ended up making a sash to go with it.  The lace is pretty 'heavy' and I thought it helped break it up a little.
 The pattern was fairly easy.  It was even labeled as 'Jiffy'.  It would have been much faster if I hadn't essentially made two dresses.  There was also a lot of basting to make sure everything lined up.
I even thought ahead of time to use the finished edge of the lace for the bottom - so no hemming.  I only then had to hem the bottom edge of the sleeves.  A couple months ago I invested in an invisible zipper foot for my sewing machine.  One of the best investments I've made in a long time!  Invisible zips from now on!
These pics were taken after church and an hour long ride to Oma's, in a hurry, everyone wanted to go play.  The sash could have used some adjustment (along with some attitude ;))

I'd like to make the pattern again in a more flowing fabric.  Perhaps with the lace edgings.  I'm sure I've got something out in the Stash I could use.  The top might be cute done in a knit.  Putting a back zipper in a girl's casual top seems a little much.

1 comment:

Latane Barton said...

Pretty girl - pretty dress.