Monday, April 23, 2012

Butterick 5613 Pleated Skirt

It is Kids Clothing Week Challenge over at Elsie Marley.  This year I am joining in.  The goal is to sew at least one hour a day on clothing for your kids.  I think I'll manage ;).

But, until I have something to show from that, I'll post my finished skirt.  Once again, a reminder that blog life is not indicative of real life.  I've had this skirt done since before Easter and have worn it already on three separate occasions.  I'm just finally getting around to posting it now.
 I made Butterick 5613, View C.  It was definitely fast and easy.  I may make more, - although probably not, there is always something new to try.

 I photographed it on Matilda because she is easier to change than I am.  Plus I really hate setting up for self photography.
 As you can see, I photographed four different tops with the skirt.  It fits well into my existing wardrobe!
 The fabric I picked up some time ago at Hobby Lobby.  It is a quilting cotton by Brother Sister Designs.
 A shot of the back.  Have I said how much I loooooove my invisible zipper foot?  I will never go back to regular zippers again.
If you're here for the quilts - I should have two to show you next week!




No comments: