Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ottobre Woman's Swimsuit

 Here it is, the finished product.  Modeled on Matilda.  I think she's been out in the sun too much. (haha)  I finished it about 1:00 am the night/morning we were leaving for vacation.  I took out the basting stitches while we were on vacation.  That made for some nervous moments.  I was afraid it might all come apart.  But, it didn't, and I've swam in it many times now, and so far it's been great.

It is a comfortable and flattering swimsuit pattern.  I will try to get an 'in action' shot one of these days.  I ended up crossing over the bra top quite a bit more than the pattern suggests for what I considered an appropriate amount of coverage.  I was super glad I made the toile, just so I had a good idea of how to put it together.  Baste, baste, baste.  And try on a lot during construction.  Swimsuit material is a different animal, so even with the toile, it still fit a bit different.  

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks great!

vikki said...

wonderful job. I esp. like the wrap effect.

Jenny said...

That's awesome! I wish I could see it on, I love that style. Link it up with Creative Me Monday this week!

susan said...

I am very impressed. I would never have the courage to take on swimsuit fabric. Then again, I barely have the courage to wear a swimsuit!! Great project and beautifully made.