Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vintage Vogue Dress 2267

First, a disclaimer.  I am not good at having my picture taken.  I asked Mr. Riley to take some pictures of me in the dress, and I told him I'd try not to look like a dork.  I'm not sure it worked, so bear with me.

This dress is a Vintage Vogue Pattern, No. 2267.

I actually made the dress 8 years ago.
 I put it away because I wasn't thrilled with the fit, and I never actually finished the bolero jacket.
 Then I had children.  Four of them, and it just didn't fit at all! 
 So, after much exercise and 8 years, I pulled it out of the closet, and what do you know?  It fit!  And didn't even look too bad.  So I took a look at the jacket. 
And I remembered why I never finished it.  The button holes had something to be desired.  But I decided to finish it anyway, I figured the buttons would hide the button holes, and if I kept my mouth shut, no one would know about the issues.  (except for all of you, now)

So a 'new' dress for me for Easter!
I also made the jewelry.  I'll show you that tomorrow.
Thanks for reading!





Linking Here:
Today's Creative Blog


Fresh Poppy Design



LinkPartyButton"/>




My Backyard Eden

11 comments:

Mindie Hilton said...

Cute! I have been following you for a while. Stop by
and see me @
http://bacontimewihtthehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

Blissful & Domestic said...

I love vintage patterns. This dress is so classic and beautiful!

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

good for you, finishing a project after 8 years that must be a UFO record. And it looks wonderful, the fabric is spot on with the design at the bottom that fades to the top, very vintage!

Jennifer said...

I love it! And kudos to you for finishing it and wearing it after 8 years and 4 kids. You look beautiful!

Jennifer :)

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Love vintage dresses! You did a great job with this.

Mindy said...

Looks GREAT!! I didn't realize it was two pieces. After Easter dinner, my mom, mother-in-law, and grandmother-in-law were talking about how great you looked and how pretty the dress was and everything. It was so fun to listen to all your admirers! For some strange reason, it felt like an "I knew her when..." moment.

You look beautiful. =)

mommyroo said...

Love the dress...but I'm so envious that you fit into it 8 years later ;)

Naturally Carol said...

Well done for losing all the weight and getting fit! Your outfit is beautiful, lovely fabric too.

Susan Woods said...

Lovely! It's wonderful the dress gets its moment after eight years, and that you get one two after four kids. Wow! And your secret is safe with me.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Saw you at Night Owl Crafting. LOVE this dress!

Angela Osborn said...

The dress looks beautiful! Well done finishing after so much time has passed. You've inspired me face my pile (yes, PILE) of unfinished projects!