Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Five Minute Earrings

I really wanted to call these "Date Night Earrings", but when you have 4 kids, you don't go out on dates.  Anyway, they are so easy you can make them in Five Minutes - or just before you're going out.

These are for my sister-in-law.
You will need 2 Eye Pins.  2 Fish Hook Wires.  Needle Nose Pliers.  Something to cut the wire (I used my kitchen scissors).  Beads.  You can find these things at any craft store.  I am particularly fond of Hobby Lobby.





1. Thread Beads onto eye pin.
2. Bend wire at the bottom.
3. Cut
4. Twist wire end into a circle (or oval).  You just want to keep the beads from coming off.
5. Open eye and attach to the fish hook.  Pinch closed.
6.  Earring is done!  (These are to match my Mother-in-laws bracelet from yesterday)

So easy a two-year-old can do it!



 

This may be obvious, but if you are going to make a matching bracelet, earring set.  Make the earrings first, so you have the right beads to make a matching pair. (it wasn't immediately obvious to me)

9 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

They are so lovely - I used to wear earrings all the time when I was working.

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Rachel-

You deserve a date night to go with these earrings!

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday...

Jen said...

I hear you on the date night thing! You make this jewelry thing look so easy! Thanks so much for coming and linking these up to Fantastic Friday!

Sheri@childmade.com said...

Those are great! I wear a pair like those almost every day. Not clunky or too big, so they're easy to wear. Great tute! Thanks for linking!

Anonymous said...

These are so cool and so easy...thanks for the tute!!!!
And go ahead...get a date night... you deserve it I'm sure!
Charlotte from AZ

Unknown said...

We're still in the first minutes of the first day of the Internet revolution. See the link below for more info.


#minutes
www.ufgop.org

LOLITA said...

Thanks for sharing this. I just added myself to your followers, so I might go serious in learning to make simple jewelries for gifts. I will try to start soon for this New Year. I will have to furnish my craft box though.... (which is already a little bit full with scrap-booking, crochet and card-making tools).

Anyway, I might come back here soon....

Unknown said...

Hello Rachel! Glad I found your site on here! I totally love the turquoise earrings found under the "Five Minute Earrings" category! Hope I can get to make a pair soon! Thanks for sharing the tutorial for this project! Cheers! :)

Unknown said...

Look lovely and so easy to make Thank you for letting us see them