Wednesday, November 18, 2015

WIP Wednesday 11.18.15


 Most of my sewing lately has been getting this top together.
 I had originally planned to make it as a leader/ender project, but the pattern was too complicated and the pieces kept getting moved around and knocked down, so I decided to just sit down and get it pieced.
 All the (non cream) prints are French General from Moda.  Most are Chateau Rouge.  Way back when I purchased a few mystery boxes from Craftsy I ended up with a number of 2.5" charm packs.  I decided to do a traditional Triple Irish Chain.
 My photography helper today.  Also gives you a size perspective.
 Mini approved.
 With most of the left overs, I am piecing this checkerboard.  I guess I could probably make a matching pillow.  It will be 24"x24".  Admittedly this is going into the "needs to be quilted" box.  I'm not ready to finish the quilt at this point.
 The rest of my left overs.  Not too bad, I'll probably piece them into the back.
 And in other unusual WIPS, I have to patch Mr. Riley's hunting chaps.  Fortunately it doesn't have to be pretty, just functional.

 Linking with Lee.






No comments: