Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fabric Acquisitions and More

There has been much sewing around these parts, just not much blogging.  I'm sure I will become a more consistent blogger once school starts next week.  Not only will three of them be in school all day, it also forces me to get up earlier in the morning!

 About three weeks ago my Local Quilt Guild had its annual picnic and sale.  Most of the items are "bid" on by placing a purchased ticket in a bag for an item.  Then one ticket of the bunch is drawn. 
 One of the items I "won" was this cheater Dresden plate panel with some matching fabric.  The plate part has already been hand quilted.  At first I was thinking a pillow, but now I'm thinking a bag.  It would probably get more use.
I also won this stack of fabrics that was bundled together.  Mostly I put my ticket in because of the strawberry print, but there are some other pretty prints in there.  Some dated ones, too. :)
Patterns were 5 for a dollar.  I'm bad about using patterns, but hey, for $.20, why not?
And really, I must make one of these ridiculous pheasants for Mr. Riley.
This week I picked up some prepackaged fabric at IKEA.  At less that $1 a yard, it was hard to resist.  Even bugs and tumbling blocks.  I figure they will make good backings.




No comments: