And the waste, oh, the waste. Hurts my Dutch sensibilities.
So this was my first attempt. It is OK, except for that little piece I had to add in the top corner.
Star #2. I am starting to figure it out.
I also figured a way to go a bit faster and waste a little bit less. I was cutting out piece by piece, loosely by scissors. Since I am doing a number of these blocks, I figured out how to do multiple piece cutting. Now, I'm sure that all you experienced paper piecers figured this out long ago, but I was pretty proud of myself.
All my background pieces are ready to go. On to the star pieces...
I have to say, I more thoroughly appreciate you all who do intricate paper piecing! Any tips would be pretty appreciated.
I have not done any really intricate paper piecing yet, but I do enjoy it. I am not so guilty feeling about the scraps as I save them and maybe one day...eventually lol, I will do something with them! I like your stars, though :)
ReplyDeleteI knew you would get the hang of it!!
ReplyDeleteI love the sharpness of the points and spikes in paper piecing but the fabric waste and the taking the paper off is the pits!!!!!
I am not doing the 5 pointed star challenge but each time I see someone complete this block I want to do it :)
I saved the pattern for a later date though :o
Really nice star. I'm am terrified of paper piecing. Someday!
ReplyDelete