Friday, March 14, 2014

Three Top Finish

I whipped up three quick tops last week - I mean flimsies.  (I love that word, and always mean to use it more!)  They are all destined for Operation Snuggles since a guild member is making some specific requests, and I think its a great charity to support.

 I dreamed this one up so I could use fat quarters efficiently and meet the requirements for cot size.  You may remember that a couple summers ago I acquired 24 yards or so of cat fabric.  I've already made one quilt with it, and some smaller projects for E, but I think this is a perfect way to use it and kid friendly!  Unquilted/washed it is about 50" x 60".  I have at least two more quilts planned to make this way.
I laid it out on a twin bed for size reference.

 I also made up two tops with 6" blocks.  They were already cut (for the most part) and sitting on my shelf for the past year or so.  You may recognize the fabrics from these quilts.  The top one I will try to get quilted up by March 25.  The larger ones aren't needed until July.
 I may add a border to this one to make it a bit bigger for cot size.  I'll have to check my stash.
 We've got a house guest this weekend, so I'm not sure how much sewing will get done!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I really like that cat quilt flimsy! Looks like you are well on your way to three quilts to donate. Congrats!!