Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WIP Wed 3.27.13

Ah.  We are half way into Spring Break and the kids are already driving me crazy  I'm enjoying every minute.

I have have managed to spend some quality time with the sewing machine.  Not so much quilting, because quite frankly, the panels are boring.  But they are half done!

 I basted about 70 hexies.  Apparently I do them differently than most?  I actually baste to the papers.  Hmmm.  Well, with only about 300 left to go, I don't think I'm going to change my ways now.

 The motivation of finished UFOs at the quilt guild - I picked up some pretty fat quarters for finishing the Crazy Cat Quilt.
 And two finishes.  Hopefully I can get E to model today, especially as I'm not sure she actually likes them.  Sigh.
 A spring/Easter Dress
 And some capris.

See what else is going on over at Lee's


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Wow all those hexies! I have never done anything with hexies, but would like to try at some point! So many things that I would like to try and so little time :) Best of luck on the rest of Spring Break and your WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too baste my hexies, I find it relaxing, I do it whilst listening to the radio or audible books.
    Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with your 70 hexies done this week. I got about 30 done this week and thought that was good. I will have to step up my game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned how to baste AROUND the paper after our group guild quilt blocks came back, many with papers basted...1600 hexies adds up, and I tell you what, unpicking basting was the worst! Haha! I love they look all stacked up. And yours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a paper-basting hexie girl, too. (I think we're in the minority.) I just like how sturdy they are, but if I were like Penny (above) and had to get rid of 1600 interior papers, maybe I'd change my mind.

    Elizabeth E.

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! Thanks for taking the time.