Friday, September 28, 2012

The Girl Sews Again

 On Saturday she declared that she wanted to do more sewing.  I pulled out some old blocks from a project I did with my niece many years ago.  E pieced the butterfly blocks together.  She chose a backing.  I did the pinning, and she started going to town with the decorative embroidery stitches on my sewing machine.  After changing thread colors 5 times, she was even figuring out how to thread the machine.
 The back.  We machined sewed the binding.  I think next time I'll cut a wider binding, so it will be easier to turn.   She's pretty happy with it.  I am even learning to not stress over the mistakes.  She's happy and I don't want to scare her away from sewing.  She even told me she wants to grow up and be an 'expert sew-er' just like me :). I also have to say that at age 9, she has much better control over the fabric and how to do things.  We may have to consider her own machine for Christmas...
She also whipped out this pillow earlier in the week.  One more kitty fabric used.  Merkitties.  How funny.



No comments: