Monday, July 9, 2012

Seven Quilts - Number Five - Stars and Bars 2

 Another stars and bars quilt.  This one in girl colors.  I used every scrap of blue and pink to get this quilt made!

 Quilted in all over free motion stars.  I bound it in yellow.  Looks great in person.  Kind of hard to see in the picture.
 This is the back.
 Finished size is 40"x41".

 Todays Tip:  How I piece my batting.  I do piece batting when necessary.  The first thing to consider is that you are piecing batting of the same type!  Do not mix blends or polys with cottons.  The results could be disastrous!  I simply use a large and long zig-zag stitch on my machine to join the pieces.  Make sure the edges that you're joining are straight, and butt them together.   Then stitch on the machine.


 You can also press the area after they're joined to help minimize any puckers or wrinkles that develop.







2 comments:

LindaCrochets said...

Love how you turn out the quilts! I've done a couple small ones...but I always seen to return to thread crochet...

Ethan and Moriah said...

That's a good tip. I've never thought about piecing my batting, but I always save my good scraps for those "just in case" times. Now I have a use for them!