Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Quilting New Year

 I have been thinking about what I want to get done this year.  The problem is that if I write it all down (especially on this blog), then I might have to actually try to get them done.  This could be good, or not.

I've been toying with calling this year 'The Year of the Quilt'.  I have a few in my head that I'd like to get out, plus a couple of tops that just need to get finished.  I think that my very loose goal will be 12 quilts this year.  Considering that I've only been finishing about two a year for the last couple, that will be quite the increase.  This also means I'll have to change my focus from so much crafting and clothes sewing. (I just got a $50 dress for Ellie for $7- so Easter is taken care of!)

So perhaps I will bore you with a list - if only to keep me accountable.

Fairy Quilt (I've had the fabric for ages for Ellie)
Silas' Baby Quilt (I know, it will be more like a birthday quilt since he'll be one in March)
Mitten wall quilt (the mittens are already cut out)
Bathroom quilt (a mini that will co-ordinate with the curtains)
Space Quilt for Will
Block Exchange Quilt (you can see the blocks here)
Kitchen Quilts  (I have a panel I would like to use, this also includes some potholders and a runner I'd like to do)
Finish my Asian Quilt Top
Quilt my sampler quilt (made the top when I was pregnant with Will)

Well, that brings me to nine.  I guess we'll have to see.  Feel free to check up with me on how things are going-I could use the guilt motivation.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award! Pop over to my blog to accept and pass it along! =D